|AVOCA STREET MEDICAL CENTRE|
130 Avoca Street Randwick NSW 2031
Tel: 02 9399 3335 - Fax: 02 9399 9778
avocastreet.com - asmc.net.au - randwickhealth.com - randwickgp.com - familydoctor.sydney
During this evolving COVID-19 period, Avoca Street Medical Centre advises all patients to self-isolate as much as possible. In particular we wish to protect the community's most vulnerable patients. We now offer bulk billed telephone consultations for all Medicare eligible patients whom have been seen at this practice in the past 4 years.
For patients who do not hold a valid Medicare card but have been seen at our practice in the past 4 years a pre-paid administration fee of $40 per 10 minute consultation will apply.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Please make a telephone appointment by:
TELEHEALTH WITH DR KIEN
Telehealth consultation with Dr Kien:
NOTE: Other doctors still work on-site at the medical centre. However, they will consult mainly via telephone. Face-to-face conusltations are limited to immunsation and special cases.
- Call (02) 9399 3335 and make a phone consult appointment.
- Please have these ready when calling Dr Kien at the appointment time.
- Contact details (street address, fax number and/or email address) of your local pharmacy.
- List of medications you need refilled.
- Name of specialist you need referral for.
- Dr Kien prefers consulting via WhatsApp video calls. Please install the app in your phone.
Otherwise telephone will be used.
- The duration of the consult will be from 10 - 15 minutes.
- Dr Kien will fax or email your presriptions and referrals directly to your chemists and specialists. They will not be available at our Randwick office.
Travelling and Diabetes
Planning your travel itinerary & bookings
Check Airline Security Regulations
Be sure to make arrangements in advance so that you comply with Australian airline security regulations specifically for people with diabetes. The regulations are:
Arrange Travel Insurance
You should arrange travel insurance, both for you and your belongings. Make sure your accident and health cover applies to pre-existing conditions and the places you will visit.
The Australian Government has arrangements with a number of countries providing travellers with benefits similar to Medicare, but these are typically only for acute or emergency care.
Talk With Your Doctor
More information from diabetesaustralia.com.au
The information in the above were collected from the internet,
either from government websites or from reasonably reliable health information sources.
They are for general information only and should not replace the need of seeking medical care during illnesses.
After Hours 13 74 25